The mission of Summer of the Arts is to build community by bringing people together in the heart of Iowa City to experience, learn about, and enjoy free arts and cultural programs.
Summer of the Arts brings people together to experience the arts, out loud, in the heart of Iowa City. Since 2005, Summer of the Arts has hosted summertime, family-friendly, arts and cultural festivals. We create synergy with marketing, fundraising, and operations while maintaining the unique identity of each of our five events. Our generous sponsors and donors ensure we are able to offer free, family-friendly, high quality entertainment every summer for our community to enjoy.
If you enjoyed this year’s festivals, please consider making a donation to Summer of the Arts so we are able to continue providing FREE, family-friendly programming to the Iowa City area!
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- PRESIDENT: Aimee Jennings, Travel Leaders
- VICE PRESIDENT: Abby Reskto, Glassando
- TREASURER: Angie Brown, MidWestOne Bank
- SECRETARY: Lisa Baum, KCCK
- PAST PRESIDENT: Jason Weeks, Hills Bank and Trust Company
- Wendy Ford, City of Iowa City
- Nick Pfeiffer, Think Iowa City: Iowa City/Coralville Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Loyce Arthur, UI Theatre Arts Department
- Nick Benson, University of Iowa
- Nick Billups, UICCU
- Gloria Escarza, Blank & McCune The Real Estate Co.
- Matt Getz, The Accel Group
- Scott McGill, Edward Jones Investments
- Teresa McLaughlin
- Shanti Roundtree, Pearson
- Kim Schillig, Lepic-Kroeger Realtors
- Rod Sullivan, Johnson County Board of Supervisors
- Simeon Talley, FlyoverFest, The Makers Loft
- Blake Zacharias, RSM US LLP
- Lisa Barnes, Executive Director
- Bill Callahan, Director of Philanthropy
- Terri Reeve, Operations Manager
- Andrea Truitt, Volunteer and Community Relations Manager
- Molly Allen, Communications
- Levi Boston-Kemple, Production/Performer Relations
- Jami Eastman, Marketing
- Nakiya Handy, Event Operations
- Rebecca Peterson, Business and Sponsor Relations
- Shannon Regan, Artist Relations and Outreach
- Maddie Shook, Festival
- Luke Viti, Event Logistics
- Landon Walsh, Multimedia and Graphic Design
- Yining Zhu, Graphic Design
INTERNSHIPS – JOIN US
Interested in gaining experience, building your resume, and giving back? We’re still accepting applications for another Graphic Design Intern!
Please look at our 2018-2019 Internship Brochure for more information. Experience with the Adobe Suite is required.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to:
Lisa Barnes, Executive Director
Summer of the Arts is committed to a bold environmental sustainability mission and to educate through experience. Each year we continue to work to improve and expand our Think, Be, Live Green program. Our 2018 efforts included: