The mission of Summer of the Arts is to build community by bringing people together in the heart of Iowa City to experience, learn about, and enjoy free arts and cultural programs.
Summer of the Arts brings people together to experience the arts, out loud, in the heart of Iowa City. Since 2005, Summer of the Arts has hosted summertime, family-friendly, arts and cultural festivals. We create synergy with marketing, fundraising, and operations while maintaining the unique identity of each of our five events. Our generous sponsors and donors ensure we are able to offer free, family-friendly, high quality entertainment every summer for our community to enjoy.
If you enjoyed this year’s festivals, please consider making a donation to Summer of the Arts so we are able to continue providing FREE, family-friendly programming to the Iowa City area!
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- PRESIDENT: Abby Reskto, Glassando
- VICE PRESIDENT: Matt Getz, The Accel Group
- TREASURER: Angie Brown, MidWestOne Bank
- SECRETARY: Lisa Baum, KCCK
- PAST PRESIDENT: Aimee Langlas, Travel Leaders
- Wendy Ford, City of Iowa City
- Monica Nieves, Think Iowa City: Iowa City/Coralville Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Miriam Alarcón Avila, New Pioneer Co-op
- Felix Anaman, Anaman Concierge Services
- Nick Billups, GreenState Credit Union
- Kimberly Datchuk, UI Stanley Museum of Art
- Chelsey Dreckman, Higher Learning Technologies
- Leslie Finer, UI Outreach & Engagement, Arts & Humanities Director
- Tim Finer, Hills Bank & Trust
- Raina Harmon, University of Iowa Athletics
- Shaner Magalhães, Skogman Realty
- Scott McGill, Edward Jones Investments
- Chace Ramey, Iowa City Community School District
- Kim Schillig, Lepic-Kroeger Realtors
- Ofer Sivan, Oasis Falafel LLC
- Lisa Barnes, Executive Director
- Terri Reeve, Operations Manager
- Andrea M. Truitt, Volunteer & Community Relations Manager
Lizzie Ambre, Nonprofit Management
Emily Berkheimer, Graphic Design & Photography
Bailey Fitzgibbon, Communications
Sabrina Hsu, Graphic Design & Photography
Bryanna Hybert, Social Media Marketing
Vanessa Perez, Artist Relations
Teddy Van Winkle, Production & Performer Relations
Wesley Woods, Event Management
INTERNSHIPS – JOIN US IN 2020!
Interested in gaining experience, building your resume, and giving back?
Please look at our 2020 Internship Brochure for general information.
We are no longer accepting applications for Spring/Summer 2020. We will offer Fall 2020 internships, so please check back in late spring for the full job descriptions.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio/link (if applicable) to:
Lisa Barnes, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrea Truitt, Volunteer & Community Relations Manager email@example.com
Summer of the Arts is committed to a bold environmental sustainability mission and to educate through experience. Each year we continue to work to improve and expand our Think, Be, Live Green program. Our 2019 efforts included: