The mission of Summer of the Arts is to build community by bringing people together in the heart of Iowa City to experience, learn about, and enjoy free arts and cultural programs.
Summer of the Arts brings people together to experience the arts, out loud, in the heart of Iowa City. Since 2005, Summer of the Arts has hosted summertime, family-friendly, arts and cultural festivals. We create synergy with marketing, fundraising, and operations while maintaining the unique identity of each of our five events. Our generous sponsors and donors ensure we are able to offer free, family-friendly, high quality entertainment every summer for our community to enjoy.
If you enjoyed this year’s festivals, please consider making a donation to Summer of the Arts so we are able to continue providing FREE, family-friendly programming to the Iowa City area!
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- PRESIDENT: Aimee Langlas, Travel Leaders
- VICE PRESIDENT: Abby Reskto, Glassando
- TREASURER: Angie Brown, MidWestOne Bank
- SECRETARY: Lisa Baum, KCCK
- PAST PRESIDENT: Jason Weeks, Hills Bank and Trust Company
- Wendy Ford, City of Iowa City
- Nick Pfeiffer, Think Iowa City: Iowa City/Coralville Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Miriam Alarcón Avila, New Pioneer Co-op
- Nick Billups, GreenState Credit Union
- Leslie Finer, UI Outreach & Engagement, Arts & Humanities Director
- Matt Getz, The Accel Group
- Pat Hobson, US Bank
- Kathy Last, UI Shared Services/President’s Office
- Scott McGill, Edward Jones Investments
- Chace Ramey, Iowa City Community School District
- Shanti Roundtree, Pearson
- Kim Schillig, Lepic-Kroeger Realtors
- Ofer Sivan, Oasis Falafel LLC
- Lisa Barnes, Executive Director
- Terri Reeve, Operations Manager
- Andrea Truitt, Volunteer and Community Relations Manager
Check back in January 2020!
INTERNSHIPS – JOIN US IN 2020!
Interested in gaining experience, building your resume, and giving back?
Please look at our 2020 Internship Brochure for general information and at the full descriptions below:
- Artist Relations Intern (pdf)
- Communications Intern (pdf)
- Event Management Intern (pdf)
- Graphic Design and Photography (pdf)
- Nonprofit Management Intern (pdf)
- Social Media Marketing (pdf)
We are no longer accepting applications.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio/link (if applicable) to:
Lisa Barnes, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrea Truitt, Volunteer & Community Relations Manager email@example.com
Summer of the Arts is committed to a bold environmental sustainability mission and to educate through experience. Each year we continue to work to improve and expand our Think, Be, Live Green program. Our 2019 efforts included: